How to Describe St Basil's Cathedral

step-4-cathedral-01-rotated.jpg

I take never been to Russia. Merely if I ever do make the trip I would make a bee-line straight for St Basil's Cathedral in Moscow. Oh - My - Goodness! This building is the Russian version of Disney Land!

st-basil-cathedral-photo-1-1024x576.png

Information technology took me all of two seconds to want to draw and paint this beautiful edifice. The crazy, fun colours, the different shaped temple tops and windows and the intricate patterns had me reaching for me watercolours directly abroad!

After a quick google scroll I also found some really fun facts about St Basil's Cathedral

  • Information technology is one of the most famous architectural monuments of Moscow, Russia.

  • It was originally constructed in the mid-16th Century by the first Tsar of Russian federation.

  • The cathedral was originally white and gold! The vivid colours were actually added over 200 years subsequently it was built!

  • It stands out! It is unlike any other architecture throughout Russia.

  • St Basil's Cathedral is comprised of 9 carve up temples.

This was a really fun fine art projection and surprisingly very easy of painting St Basil's Cathedral. I ended up creating two colourful artworks using only three art supplies: oil pastels, watercolour paints and a sharpie.

cathedral-rotated.jpg

What you lot need

  • oil pastels

  • watercolour paint

  • permanent sharpie marker

Follow along my video tutorial for this art projection and download the gratis 'How to describe' guide below!

14.jpg

Fancy Finger Painting Infant Art Guide

1.png

Free Winter Art Activity Pack

free winter art activity pack download

free winter fine art activity pack download

Gratis Art Activity Pack

4.png

About Me

Hello! My name is Georgie and I am a high school Art & Design teacher from Australia. I love all things creating and making and am passionate about sharing my classroom resources with you. I hope you find some inspiration and resources here to h…

Hello! My proper noun is Georgie and I am a high school Art & Design instructor from Australia. I love all things creating and making and am passionate nigh sharing my classroom resource with you. I promise you find some inspiration and resources here to help develop some artistic and thoughtful thinkers.